Sunday, May 4, 2008

Oriental Fan


Considering the fact that I am unable to work on my Elegance of the Orient project, I have started a new one in the interim. It is called Oriental Fan. (I seem to do a lot of Oriental patterns because my husband adores them! Our home is decorated in that style and so they fit in nicely!)

I have been working on this project for about a week now. It doesn't look like much yet but it will be gorgeous when it's done.

I tried to get a lot of the metallic stitches over with...I hate stitching with metallic thread. You have to be so careful not to let the thread twist because it knots SOOOO easily.

I read on another site a very good tip for keeping the back of your work neat and tidy. To start fold one full (uncut) piece of thread in half and thread the two ends threw your needle so that you have a loop at the other end. When you make your first stitch, weave your thread threw the loop at the back of your work! That way, to start your stitches you don't have to tie a knot (heaven forbid, LOL!) or weave them threw about an inch of stitches. Brilliant tip!

No comments: